Author Topic: too old for dream feed?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline tinytatsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • I am working hard!!
too old for dream feed?
« on: February 22, 2006, 18:51:03 pm »
my lo is 8 months old and is waking several times a night.  Most nights I push through til 7 am with out a feed but sometimes at 4 or 5 she has to get up to feed because she just won't settle.  I have never done the dream feed as I am just getting into the easy routine.  She usually takes 25 ozs in the day, every 4 hours as well as 1/2 jar of veggies at lunch and supper each with cereal in early am and before bed.  Her last bottle is usually around 7 or 8 pm.  Should I be giving a dream feed at 10 or 11, if so how much or is she just too old for it?
I am exhausted and desperate for some sleep but don't want to take a step backwards.  Anybody who can help would me I would be so grateful to.
tinytatsmom

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: too old for dream feed?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 16:24:40 pm »
Hello!!
I definitely say too old for it.  Tracy also recommends weaning the dreamfeed by 7mos.  And, you want to keep the calories during the day, not add to the night ;)

When she wakes at 4-5AM what does she do?  A lot of babies wake between 4-6AM and will play for a little while, but will usually go back to sleep if left alone.  Does she go to sleep independently.

25 ounces seems like a good amount at that age, you may want to increase the solids if you can, that may help with the nightwakings.

Let us know {{HUGS}}  :)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline tinytatsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • I am working hard!!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 19:05:49 pm »
:) Thanks for the tip,

Your right about the fact that we need the calories in the day not at night.  I only tried it one night before I got your advice so lets hope not too much damage was done.
We are really working on getting her to fall asleep in her own bed and so far so good.  It was relatively easy once I figured out what worked for us.  Let's just hope that it stays that way.
Right now she is having a hard time eating because she is getting her 1st tooth.  So she will take her solids alright but the bottle must hurt her little gums.  I even tried her sippy cup because she seems to drink H2O at meals okay, but not much luck.  Oh well hopefully in a few days she will be over this, until the next one comes in.
Thanks again for the advice, I knew you shouldn't do it after a certain age but I couldn't remember when.
Tinytatsmom

Offline mrsrobbo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Bev, mum to Bradley, Paige and 9 angels x
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 00:04:35 am »
Bradley was the same when he was teething with his 1st tooth, he refused any bottles, just took solids, and he didnt sleep much at night, kept waking, but luckily it was just a phase, and thankfully the other teeth havent been as much of a problem. I wouldnt bother with the dream feeding though
good luck!