Author Topic: If LO is tired should we take out bathtime before bed routine  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
If LO is tired should we take out bathtime before bed routine
« on: February 22, 2006, 18:53:24 pm »
as this activity would reawaken her?  how can i give her a bath at same time every night but before she is tired, but not too early that we don't take her to bed at a set time?

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

Re: If LO is tired should we take out bathtime before bed routine
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 20:30:25 pm »
How old is your LO? 

If she's young and still having a catnap, you could do it once she wakes from that to use up some energy, then move onto quiet stuff and get her settled ready for a final feed before bedtime.

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 20:37:49 pm »
she's nealry 16 weeks old (3.5 months)

Offline Nate'sMommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 06:29:13 am »
Sleep is the priority in our house - If you think it would reawaken her and otherwise she could to to sleep, it can wait.  Our doc said it isn't necessary to bathe them every day, or even every other anyway.  We often do bath in the morning now or as an activity in the afternoon if we need one.
Kelli ~ Nate AND Ian's mommy

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 07:41:59 am »
I agree with the PP, if it doesn't work for her at the moment, just shift it to another part of the day or only several times a week.  You may find when she's older that she can tolerate it better as part of the bedtime routine.  FWIW, even though bathtime doesn't affect my kids winddown, the number of baths they have per week is pretty random - it could be every night for a whole week and the next it might only be every 3 nights - depends on whether my dh is home to help and whether I can be bothered. :)

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 20:39:47 pm »
we had the same problem with my little one when she was around 3-4 months. Initially we moved her bath time to the morning but as she has got older we have discovered that 7.30pm is far too late a bedtime for her. she now has a bath at 5.00pm and off to bed at 6.30pm. What time does your lo go to bed?
Amelie Grace's mum