Author Topic: "Transition" formula?  (Read 1084 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
"Transition" formula?
« on: February 22, 2006, 20:43:33 pm »
Hi!  Can anyone shed some light on what "Transition" formula is?  Is it necesary?  I bf, but give one regular formula bottle to my lo for his df.... I will start weaning him off the bf soon, and will replace it with formula.  I saw in the grocery store a can of Transition formula and thought whether I should go to this one or stick with the regular formula he has until he's 1 and can drink cow's milk.  ???:-\  Has anyone had any experience with this type of formula?  It is also cheaper, has a little more calcium and it says from 6 to 18 months. 
Just want to get informed!  :)
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: "Transition" formula?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 16:11:50 pm »
HI!  :)
I'm not quite sure what "Transition" formula is either but if the ingredients seem to be the same as regular formula with the extra calcium and is cheaper, I say go for it!  :)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: "Transition" formula?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 19:00:29 pm »
Think I have already replied to you on this on another post, or I have de ja vue  ::)

Hi
I am from the UK and we have a formula that you can give to your LO's from 6 months, they are called forward or follow on milks depending on the brand. It tends to be cheaper here to. I believe it has more iron, etc in it.

Lauren
Lauren x