Author Topic: Anyone else do bath in the morning intead of at night?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Anyone else do bath in the morning intead of at night?
« on: February 20, 2006, 18:43:16 pm »
From reading all the routines, it seems most do bath at night.  For whatever reasons, baths wind Carmela up tremendously so we do them in the morning now.  I don't like it this way but the other way she wasn't settling down after........anyone else?

Offline imsmum

• Showing Appreciation 36
Re: Anyone else do bath in the morning intead of at night?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 18:56:11 pm »
We do it between nap and dinner..otherwise Margot gets waaaay too stimulated.  she loves her bath.

Offline Harvey and Theos Mam

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • From S.Wales
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 21:04:57 pm »
We do morning baths but now he goes to nursery twice a week i tend have moved it to the early evening before supper.

He is very wild in the bath and loves to splash and we make bath funtime too. So he needs lots of wind down time.
Rhian

Offline rach

• Showing Appreciation 322
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 08:52:49 am »
I tend to do baths in the evening, after tea, then she has her milk/wind-down time with me - reading.  I do sometimes pop her in the shower with me in the morning (at weekends) if she hasn't had a bath the night before, or if we're going anywhere special that day.  She loves showers - plays while I have my shower, thinks its a great game.
Rach xx

Offline SophieB

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 39
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 08:59:30 am »
Hey there - we started showering together in the morning when Ellie was around 10mo, because she was getting SO wound up in the bath that it was impossible to wind her down and get her dressed without a major meltdown on our hands.  Also, I was getting up earlier and earlier to squeeze in a shower before she got up - so this works for us.  If it stops working, we'll change.

I reckon the most important thing is that it works for you - if you LO is too overstimulated by the bath, probably doing it right before bed is going to cause more problems than it solves.
Eleanor - 13/12/04

Offline ryansmomma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 22:09:18 pm »
Since Ryan was born we have done baths in the morning.  I just like him to be fresh and smelling good for the day.  I stay at home with him, so mornings and a tight schedule are not an issue.