Author Topic: What to do when you are having a bad day  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
What to do when you are having a bad day
« on: February 23, 2006, 20:36:38 pm »
I'm feeling really guilty tonight. We've all had a horrible couple of days with one thing or another, and, to top it off, I had (through no fault of ds') 4 hours of sleep in the last 2 days. This means that today was not a good one for ds. I hardly played with him, could not summon up the energy to talk to him much, and he was subdued all day. My question is, have you got any ideas for A time when you're feeling like cr@p, but you don't want it affecting the lo? Maybe some activities that are not too taxing on the brain and body, but will amuse ds and keep him happy? I don't want the poor baby to have another day like today, but I think it's going to take a while for me to catch up - any advice would be appreciated  :)
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Re: What to do when you are having a bad day
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 22:20:01 pm »
here are some suggestions, hope someone will come up with more ideas:

1. extra long feeding time. so you can sit together with him, relax and have a cuppa ..etc.

2. extra long bath time. how about taking a bath together with him?

3. sit down on the floor, relax yourself. roll a ball, ask him to bring it back to you.... haha ... so he will be busy catching his ball and not clinged to you  :P

4. DS loves my handbag. never seem to be bored with it. you can give him an old one and fill some items that are safe for him to play with.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 22:31:36 pm by sa »
mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby

Offline Christa

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
Re: What to do when you are having a bad day
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 22:55:23 pm »
When I am feeling negative and don't want the bad vibes to rub off on him, I let him watch a bit of TV... at least he can see some cheerful faces. And if I am really tired I put him in his bumper jumper and lay down close by so he can still see me.