Author Topic: Will only take 1ounce at Dreamfeed - any advice?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline mhovav

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Will only take 1ounce at Dreamfeed - any advice?
« on: February 24, 2006, 19:26:06 pm »
Hi,

my 8 weeks old son is on the 3 hour EASY schedule since birth, and is going well - he is a textbook baby. the only issue - he is not taking the dreamfeed very well, and only has 1-1.5 onces at 11pm for the dreamfeed (he is asleep of course at that time). As a result he is hungry again by 2-3am and then by 6am. When he once took 4.5 onces for his dreamfeed when he was partly awake, he slept until 5am ! we are not tanking him up at evenings since he gets cranky, so he eats at 5pm and then at 8pm, he should be hungry for his 11pm dreamfeed but since he's asleep he will only take the tiny bit of food. We are thinking now that maybe we should wake him up at 11pm for this feed so he will take more food while awake, and put him to bed after he feeds. We do not start our morning before 9am regularly (this works for our daily schedule).
Is there any advice from experienced moms about getting the baby to take more food in thier dreamfeed, or possibly waking the baby up for this feed to strech the night sleep?  I think he can sleep for 5-6 hours straight but is lacking food somehow.... help!
thanks!!!

Offline mrsrobbo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Bev, mum to Bradley, Paige and 9 angels x
Re: Will only take 1ounce at Dreamfeed - any advice?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 23:38:40 pm »
I had the same thing with Bradley, he wouldnt take much of a dream feed at all, he want waking up for it either, but one night i accidentaly woke him, he took the full bottle and easily got settled again and slept until 6am, so this is what we started doing, just gently waking him, he wasnt wide awake but enough to concentrate on feeding. If you try it, dont talk to him or anything, still keep the room dark as it will make is easier to get him back to sleep

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
Re: Will only take 1ounce at Dreamfeed - any advice?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 19:28:55 pm »
I always woke dd for her dream feed up until about 4.5 months, I still made it very quick and it was all done in under an hour or less, as previous poster said make it all very low key . Then I started doing an actual dream feed.