Author Topic: High chairs  (Read 2514 times)

Offline milliesmaw

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Re: High chairs
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 13:24:52 pm »
We inherited a high chair for dd from my sis but it was a health hazard and quite dangerous so we stopped using it when dd was about 10 months. She didn't seem to like it. She then moved on to a toddler table and chair which you could slot together to make a high chair. She liked that for a bit but wouldn't stay seated for v long. So she then used the highchair bit up at the table and was in that for a while. She's been using a booster seat since about 18 months ( I think :-\)

Have just invested in a nice big washable chair for ds - the arms go up, tray comes off and it can go up to the table. Am enjoying it v much :)
Jo

Mum to Millie
4th November 2003
and Benjamin
31 July 2005

Offline mumofone

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 23:44:26 pm »
Ds stopped using his high chair at around 20mo, but he has a travel high chair/ booster seat that we use up to the dining table.  He prefers the getting in and out himself. When we eat out he usually still has a high chair, because he tends to get up and wander around otherwise.  He does seem to eat better sat to the table in his booster too.  I'm glad he's not in the high chair now.  It was quite a big heavy thing - we thought this was a good thing when we bought it because we have a dog that jumps up - and it was a nightmare to clean, because there are so many bits and pieces to it.  He does have his own little table and chair for his snacks and drinks, which he loves.  It's quite cute when he brings his 'little' chair to sit at the 'big' table.   :D
Ruth x

Offline 15milner

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 211
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 10:12:39 am »
We are still using a high chair - but then we splashed out and got a Stokke Tripp Trapp, that never came with a tray, so Matthew's always been used to sitting at the table. I love it because he's at the right hieght for not getting too messy (ha!).  It won't be long until I take the restraining bar off the front, so in some ways I don't consider him as 'in' a highchair, just sitting on a HIGH chair (KWIM?)

Alex
Matthew Dec 03