Author Topic: Early Waking  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Kaceb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 25, 2006, 09:19:13 am »
Hi,  I am new to the site.  I have two girls 4 and 2.5. The younger one, who has typically been a very good nightime sleeper, has started early wakings (btw 4:30 and 5:30).  I have tried a few things including early bed time and not letting her out of her room until 6am but there have been no changes.  Until about 3 weeks ago. she slept 13 hours every night with no issues (6:30pm to 7:30am).  Any ideas would be helpful!  Thanks in advance. 

Kay

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Early Waking
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 11:42:54 am »
I have dealt with the early wakings off and on for what feels like forever, so you have my sympathies!  What we have tried is white noise in his room to help block out any household noise.  The best thing we did though was make the rule that we not leave his room until 6am at the earliest.  I would stay in his room and even hold him if need be, and he would cry and scream to go downstairs and for milk, etc..  But I stayed firm that no, his only option was to go back to sleep, and eventually he would go back down, or I would have to start the process all over again.  It took about a good week or so, and since then, knock on wood and this was 2 months ago, he has been sleeping consistently until 7-7:30am.
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline Kaceb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 15:03:39 pm »
Thanks Carrie for those ideas.  Wouldn't you know it, today, when it was Dad's job to get up with her, she slept until 7:30!  Here is hoping she keeps it up.  I will keep your thoughts in mind if she gets back off track.

Kay