Author Topic: swtiching to bottle  (Read 991 times)

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
swtiching to bottle
« on: February 26, 2006, 08:11:07 am »
After 5 bouts of mastitis I have had to stop breastfeeding my 4 month old and switched to formula, as I was given strong antibitics and tablets to stp milk production, I was forced to switch to bottle feeding abruptly. Needless to say this was a nightmare!! My lo is very strong willed and refused a bottle point blank, poor little mite was sucking at my t-shirt where the breast is! Anyway I just wanted to say to anyone who is going through the same thing, do not despair! Try anything to get baby to take the bottle and definately read the tips in the link on this page. I got my lo to take the bottle the first time but taking him for a drive to distract him, from then on it got easier and although we still have to distract him sometimes, I think we are making progress. I have a quick question tho...How much should I be aiming for him to take? I think he gets full up more quickly with formula milk and usually takes about 4 ounces. Also should he be sleeping through the night at this stage? He usually wakes once in the night but takes a very big feed. Our typical feeds are 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm and again 4am. He is taking more at his 4am feed that at any of the other feeds, any tips on how to transfer this big feed to a daytime one?

???