Author Topic: When did you move your toddler out of the highchair into a booster?  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Lilah'sMommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 254
I think Lilah's about ready.  She likes to sit in the big chairs with us after she's told us "all done" and gotten down from the high chair, and she'll often eat a little more there.  My only concern is that the booster won't keep her "contained" (i.e., strapped down!).  I'd love to free up the meager space in our dining area!  Any words of wisdom?
Sabrina
wife to Roy, 6-29-01
mom to Lilah, 9-5-04
Iris, 1-8-07
and Eve, 4-9-09

Offline kim&savannah

• Showing Appreciation 80
Re: When did you move your toddler out of the highchair into a booster?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 22:04:11 pm »
We never had a high chair--we got a booster that has buckles and a tray--although she uses it without the tray more and more now (just pulled up to the table).  That would probably be a good intermediate step. 

The one we got is a Fisher Price--and we really like it--very convienent for traveling as well.  http://store.babycenter.com/product/feeding_nursing/highchairs_boosters/booster_seats/4151?stage=

~Kim
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 00:04:37 am »
I moved mine out at about 1 year (Zoe for sure, John was a bit later I think???)  :)

Take a look at this link too  ;)

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=53829.new;topicseen#new
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Lilah'sMommy

• Showing Appreciation 254
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 04:01:24 am »
Thanks.  We actually have one of those booster seats with a tray that strap onto a normal chair at dh's grandmother's house, which works pretty well.  I think though, she's so messy right now when she eats, I'll keep her in the high chair until she decides she's through with it-- it's a lot easier to clean off the tray in the sink than it is to scrub the table down 4 times a day!
Sabrina
wife to Roy, 6-29-01
mom to Lilah, 9-5-04
Iris, 1-8-07
and Eve, 4-9-09

Offline Petunia

• Showing Appreciation 29
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 18:38:02 pm »
Sabrina,

That's my thinking!  I tried putting ds at the table in a booster seat from about 13 mo. (with straps so he couldn't fall out, get out, etc.) becuause of space restraints and hated the mess he was constantly making on the table.  When we finally moved in our house (and therefore had more room) I bought him a highchair.  He seems to like it and I appreciate just wiping up the tray and not having him reach for things on the table.  My friend's children didn't move out of their highchairs until almost three years old because it was just easier to contain them and their mess that way.  They then moved into booster seats with straps for another year.  But, her dining set is not easy for kids to sit in the chairs and comfortably eat.  I plan on keeping ds in his highchair until he uses a spoon more efficiently, no longer feels a need to squish everything before he puts it in his mouth, and keeps bowls and plates right side up.