Author Topic: dreamfeed and clusterfeed..... ?????????....  (Read 1289 times)

Offline rileyand wyatt

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • having so much fun!!!!
dreamfeed and clusterfeed..... ?????????....
« on: February 27, 2006, 02:09:07 am »
Hi Girls,

I remember reading somewere in BW that at some point you should be doing either the dreamfeed or clusterfeed, not sure if i am posting in the right place, if i am not can someone let me know were i can get my questions answered.. i was wondering at what age or when it is right to get rid of one and why? can some one help me. My little one is 2 1/2  months old and i am feeding at 2,5,7pm.. then a dream feed at 10 or 11 but she will only take 2 oz for the dreamfeed and still wakes at 3:30 am and takes 4 oz no problem..

thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Dana

Offline rubysmum2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: dreamfeed and clusterfeed..... ?????????....
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 11:31:44 am »
hi this is what happened to me also so what i did was drop the 7pm cluster feed give a 3oz feed at 8pm then put to bed then give a 4oz dreamfeed at 10.30pm hopefully over the next couple of nights the intake will increase took my little one about a week to go from taking just 2oz on the df to taking 4oz . any questions just let me know hope all goes well  :)
cara mum to
jordan 19-08-96
ruby 17-12-05

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 14:31:10 pm »
we dropped the 5pm feed and moved it to 6:30 had her in bed by 7 and dreamfeed at 10:30. Worked like a charm.
You'll have to experiment a little and find what works for your LO best, but I highly recomend the 7pm bedtime over the 8pm because your LO will not be getting overtired, and it has the added bonus of giving you and your DP some time together in the evenings. You need that time :) when I found the 7pm bedtime for my LO everything changed for the better for us, she slept better day and night, she ate better, she cried less and she even started going through the night, she started with 7 hour stretches and no goes 11.5-12 hours at night. No garentee this will happen for you, but even Tracy recomends a 7pm bedtime in her book :) you can move the bedtime later as they get older.
Kimberly

Offline asher and noël's mama

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • asher: hebrew for happy
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 15:35:33 pm »
karita... sounds like you have had success with this.  can you tell me what your schedule was like at 3 months, and how you were able to get a 7 pm bed time.  i am trying so hard, but if i don't give lo the cat nap between 4-6, then she is a mess (ot os), and doesn't go down till almost 8, sometimes after.  if i do give her the catnap, she is not ready for sleep at 7.  i am at a loss how to tweak my schedule to get a 7 pm bedtime.  i know it is better for them.  early to bed, does not mean early to rise, etc.

please share!
~kellie

asher job 3/30/04
elizabeth noël 12/2/05
abraham kenneth 3/23/07

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 16:50:54 pm »
it took a lot of work to figure it out. At 3 months our routine was something like this..

8am wake, dress feed,
8:30am Activity time (time on this depends on your child)
9:30am Nap
11am wake feed
11:30 activity
12pm nap
1:30 wake feed
2:00pm activity
3:30pm cat nap
4:30 wake feed
5 activity
6 bedtime routine (Bath, songs, bottle)
bed by 6:45-7pm
10:30-11pm dreamfeed.

When she'd wake at night I would try to settle first, 10 minutes after trying I'd feed. Took about a week and a half and she started going till 7am.
The routine changed a little each day depending on her naps or mood. My LO sometimes only took 45min-1 hour naps and was happy as a clam so I just gave her extra activity time. My LO doesn't always need as much sleep as some infents. The idea is to ajust the routine daily to your LO since everyday is different.
She still wakes the odd time at 6am if she does I feed her, then let her sleep till 8 and feed her again. This usually only happends when she had a bad nap day the day before, teething, or growth spurts. Friday she woke at 3:30am so I fed her and she slept right throuhg till 8am.
Now she eats 3 meals a day and 3 bottles a day :)

HTH
Kimberly

Offline rileyand wyatt

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • having so much fun!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 17:49:41 pm »
sa basically try to get rid of the cluster feed but keep the dreamfeed.

take look at our day and give me some advice if you can. I swear she has ben on this schedule for a lwhile

7am - awake  - feed 5 oz
8:30 nap
10:45 feed4oz
12:15 nap
2:00 fedd4 oz
3:15 nap
4:30feed4 oz
5:30 nap
6:30  bath bottle bed time - 2oz
down for  the night by 7:30

10:30 dreamfeed - 1 to 2 oz

wake between 2 and 3 and takes 4 oz

Help...

I need her to get as many oz as possible since she is not a big eater. she willonly take 4 oz at a time. if you add that up it is not enough. I make 6 oz all the time and she willnot take anymore with out causing her stomach issues.. I even tried a bigger flow nipple bad idea,

Offline asher and noël's mama

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • asher: hebrew for happy
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 18:04:06 pm »
thanks for sharing karita!

~kellie

asher job 3/30/04
elizabeth noël 12/2/05
abraham kenneth 3/23/07