Author Topic: Strep Throat  (Read 1039 times)

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Strep Throat
« on: February 27, 2006, 05:49:22 am »
Our poor ds has strep throat and a cold on top of it. He is not eating at all, swallowing hurts and he has a very conjested nose.  A bite here and there and thats it.  Nothing of any substance.  He is drinking plenty of fluids but nothing with any real calories as the doc has us giving him watered down juice/gatorade.  I feel so bad knowing that he is going to bed with an empty tummy, plus he feels horrible - and looks it too.  I know this will pass, but I wish there was something more I could do for him. I tried an icecream shake today, he took one sip and that was it.  He won't even eat yogurt or puddings.  He never does well when he is sick and this is by far the worst I've seen it with his eating.  The doc said not to worry about solids just about fluids, but its just so tough knowing he's getting nothing to eat.  Anyone ever gone through a similar experience with a very sick toddler.  Did you just ride it out? ???
Julie

Lan

Re: Strep Throat
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 06:16:05 am »
Yes my son has had repeated bouts of tonsillitis, he just wouldn't eat, especially acidic things like yoghurt. You could try some jelly or ice cream but as long as he is drinking he will be OK. Is he taking antibiotics for it? If he is he'll be better in a couple of days.

Godd luck it's horrible, my son would wake up multiple times a night with it. When I've had tonsilitis I've had to take those numbing throat sprays to cope - but there's nothing to give toddlers except painkillers.

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Strep Throat
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 23:22:10 pm »
Thanks Lan,
Yes he is on antibiotics.  So he should be getting better soon.  Glad to know we aren't the only ones. 
Julie