Author Topic: Growth spurt or just not eating enough??  (Read 665 times)

Offline Baby Ethan

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Growth spurt or just not eating enough??
« on: February 27, 2006, 07:31:43 am »
Hi, i wasn't sure if i should have posted this in the night waking forum or here so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

My DS is 9.5 months old and up until the last few days, he'd go through 4 8oz bottles a day and about 2-3 baby teaspoons of solid food three times i day. Everything was peachy, he'd go down at 6:30 pm and wake anytime between 6:30 and 7:30am. However for the last two days his food intake has increased MASSIVELY! He now goes through 4 8oz bottles, a small jar of baby food for each meal and he's been waking at around 2am and downing a further 8oz bottle. He now wakes up at 6:30am absolutely panicing with hunger.

I'm not sure what to do about the 2am waking, i know i should be feeding him more during the day, but i already give him as much as he'll take (i don't stop when i think he's had enough i let him tell me when he's had enough, usually by closing his mouth and pursing his lips, then i stop). The only thing i can think of is re-introducing the dreamfeed but then i feel like I'm going backwards. It's almost like his stomach i just not big enough to handle the amount of food he needs to sustain himself.

This is our routine

6:30 bottle 8oz
8:30 fruit and yogurt (1 small jar)
9:30 nap (45 Min's, urgh)
10:30 bottle 8oz
12:30 vegetables, fruit (1 small jar)
2:30 bottle 8oz
3:00 nap (45 Min's urgghhhhhhh)
4:00 oats
6:00 bath
6:30 bottle 8oz & bed

and then between 2 -3 am another bottle

Should i be tweaking my routine somewhere??

Thanks
Laura

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: Growth spurt or just not eating enough??
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 19:47:25 pm »
Hi Laura,

My DS is nearly 8 months and old and is a very big eater.  His routine is as follows -

7:00 - 8oz Bottle - 8tsp Readybrek with fruit

11:30 - 1 full jar food - with half a jar of fruit

2:30 - 7oz Bottle

5:00 - Full jar food with half a jar of fruit

6:30 - 9oz Bottle

Between his brekkie and lunch I offer him half a bananna and between his lunch and 2:30 bottle and tea I offer him a baby biscuit.  My DS is a big boy (21lbs - 9.55KG's), and seems quite content on this amount of food.

Hope this helps.

Paula - Mum to Thomas 12 July 2005
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007