Author Topic: HELP: Feeding Time Disturbing EASY Routine  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Camila

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
HELP: Feeding Time Disturbing EASY Routine
« on: February 27, 2006, 07:54:42 am »
Hi Everyone,

On Tracy's book she suggest a routine for a 4 week old where you have 45 minutes to feed. The problem is that my DD eats for 10 to 15 minutes, ( Pedi recommendation, gaining too much weight ), what should I do with this extra 1/2 hour? If she sleeps won't it interfer with her night sleep ? And if she has it as Activity time won't she be overstimulate?

I'm really in a doubt about it, and it is really disturbing her routine!

TIA

Camila

Offline amantha_calder

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: HELP: Feeding Time Disturbing EASY Routine
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 18:35:37 pm »
Hi Camilla, well I'm certainly no expert as new to EASYT myself, but I think you have to remember that each Lo is differrent and just adapt a little bit to suit you. I have a 5wk old and she has 3hr naps followed by 1.5 - 2 hrs awake but that seems to be what suits her, and when I tried adapting to the 45 min plan it just meant that I was trying to get her to sleep for an hour, and with a toddler it just wasnt possible. I hope that this isnt the wrong thing to say, but I'm sure if you stick to the basic principles of EASY a few mins here or there wont hurt, and the last thing you need at the moment is added stress.
I hope things work out for you,

Amantha x  :)

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 21:29:07 pm »
Camila
From my understanding any time staright after the feed is A time, remember that A time also includes nappy change, clothes change and bath time, etc.

I have the opposite problem to you, my DS take up to an 1hr to feed.

The way I look at it; from the time he wakes to the start of my LOs next nap is usually 2 or 3 hrs, when he wakes it is either back to A time then E or staright to E time dependant on the length of the nap.     hope I haven't confused you   ???

You are not disturbing her routine at all, she is still very young and it WILL work itself out for you soon.
Lauren x

Offline Camila

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 10:23:21 am »
Thank you for the replies!
It really helps to know about other babies, and how they do. It just proves that they are all really unique, and we need to adapt to their individuals needs.
The situation is a bit more complicated now, because she is having gas and having difficulties to sleep. So she is staying awake to long, gets overtired, and this generates even more trouble to sleep. I'm trying to go easy on it and make her confortable, so slowly we can go back and work on a better routine.

Thank you all!

Camila