Author Topic: 10 month old meltdown for every diaper and clothing change.  (Read 2542 times)

Offline mims1972

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10 month old meltdown for every diaper and clothing change.
« on: February 27, 2006, 13:55:45 pm »
I was not quite sure where to put this post .. but I thaught it would be best here. My 10 month old has developped an adversity for the change table in the last three weeks. For sure its more difficult now because he always wants to move.. but most of the times.. as soon as he is on the changing table (and other places too.. we've tried) he has a meltdown. He cries uncomtrolably when we change his diaper... his clothing.. etc. I am wondering if this is just a phase.. or if there is something I can do to make this easier for him.

Thanks!

Offline jay&danny'smummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 88
  • My boys xx
Re: 10 month old meltdown for every diaper and clothing change.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 22:45:35 pm »
Hi mims1972 :)

My ds is a right monkey when changing his nappy...bless him ;D
I normally change him on his mat on the floor, I give him anything that he does not normally play with to grab his attention, whether thats a toy or the packet of wipes...etc. The only time I really change him on the changing table is sometimes after his bath and then I give him an empty baby cream tube to play with...seems to be working so far HTH

Emi
x

Jay 24/04/05
Emi
xx
Mummy to
Jay Matthew 24/4/05
Danny James 20/5/08
and 2 angel babiesxx

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
Re: 10 month old meltdown for every diaper and clothing change.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 13:31:17 pm »
we have moved onto the floor as well!  Ethan gets to play with some foam books that he can chew on which are reserved JUST for changing time and this seems very popular!  I think that new things definately help to distract los!
HTH!