Author Topic: Questions about 3 to 4 hr transition  (Read 1359 times)

Offline aj's mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 28, 2006, 04:59:48 am »
Hi, as of Saturday I have been starting to transition DD, 4 months to the 4 hr easy.  Well we are on day three of the 'second' phase, where everything is extended 15 minutes and I have two questions...

First, DD is still only napping 45 minutes for nap #1, but then cannot make it to stay awake all the way to 12:15 for nap #2... granted today she has a cold and got her immunization shots, but the past two days, she has been passing out at 11:30ish - there is no keeping her awake she is very tired and cranky.

Second, DD has a little cold and has been a little on the extra tired side so is it ok to stay in this phase a few more days than the 4 that are recommended?  I would think that it would give her more time to get used to each new phase.  With her waking up in the middle of the night she is just a little off of her transition schedule.

Thanks!!

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: Questions about 3 to 4 hr transition
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 05:05:20 am »
go at your own pace - whether it is staying in any phase for longer than 3 days or holding off on 4hr transition if not ready yet. watch lo and go with what she needs. not all kids can be "pushed" the extra 15 min and need to go in 5 min increments so that is less discernable transition.  as much as the transition guide starts with 1st a time. a lot of kids have a hard time extending that one so you might find that takes longer or gets stuck at a certain A time, just work on lengthening A times where you can ... take it 1 day at a time and observe lo.
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Beam79

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 12:56:43 pm »
I agree, we have been trying to transition from 3 to 4 hr easy for a month now...it is taking ages but I am following my ds ques. For example he can only go an hour for his first A time, then has a good two hour nap. After that first A time his A times get progressivley longer so I am working on extending those ones first as he can't handle longer A time forst thing. I think the tranistion timetable is just a guide really....
We have finally managed to get to four hours between feeds, at 7 and 11 but then have a feed at 2.30, 5 and 7!! Ds just can't go 4 hours betweeb feeds in the afternoon and yet he can easily in the morning-all babies are different! Good luck with it x