Author Topic: EASY routine in a Prem - 35 weeks! Please help with any advise, support etc  (Read 1096 times)

Offline rosieraine

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi everyone.  I'm new to the message boards and desperately need some help, advise and guidance.  My little girl was born early via c-section at 35 weeks.  She's currently 9 weeks + and is on a 3.5 - 4 hour routine.  She's slept through from 9.30pm - 5.30am for the last 3 nights however she has still woken at 3am being very grizzly and unsettled.  She's been very windy and I'm really not sure if she's a typical reflux baby.  She does have a small ubillical hernia but other than that seems to be thriving.  Due to my own health issues (that's why I was c-sectioned early) my breastmilk has been insufficient so she is now bottle fed. 

I am really having a tough time as I so want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.  I followed the EASY routine for my first daughter and she slept through from 8 weeks.  It's just that with my second being a prem (and all the guilt I'm carrying because of her having to be born early), I just feel as though I'm floundering and don't know WHAT to do and where to start - it's as though I'm a first time mom all over again!

Also, I wasn't sure where to post this but she hasn't really smiled yet.  Do I need to adjust her age for these types of developmental issues? 

Please, I'd appreciate any info

xxx

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
Hiya,
Welcome to the boards.

My babies were born 12 weeks early and came home at 9 weeks old. 
Are you having treatment for the reflux?  Does she have any symptoms?  I know not all babies do.
How much milk is she having and when?  What happen when she wakes at 3?  What do you do?

With developmental milestones, I use their adjusted age.  Sam and Lydia both smiled at 18 weeks, so they were around 9 weeks corrected.  I think I've got that the right way round! 
I wouldn't worry too much about hitting the milestones - they are only a guide and every baby is different.
Lydia also had a hernia but it has corrected itself. 
Don't beat yourself up about the guilt.  You did the right thing for you and your baby.
We mums give ourselves too hard a time as it is!  ;)

Hope this helps.  :)
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)