Author Topic: Sleep patterns changed all of a sudden  (Read 1026 times)

Aimee12375

Sleep patterns changed all of a sudden
« on: February 28, 2006, 13:00:09 pm »
Hello. I am new here, I just registered. I belong to a few other sites and got "The Baby Whisperer" and I love it. I have been following the E.A.S.Y. routine pretty well, my son Quinn is 7 1/2 weeks old. There for a few weeks when I started E.A.S.Y. he was sleeping at night from about 11pm-4:30am, eats a bottle of 6 ozs, and then fell back to sleep until around 8 am or so. This past week all of a sudden, he's back to waking every 4 hours to feed. He drinks his whole 6 ozs every bottle too. Last night at 6pm he drank 6 ozs. We played, he had a bath at 7pm, and then at 8pm he fed on another 6 ozs. I put him in his crib still awake at 8:45pm and he fell right to sleep on his own. He is pretty good with that. He woke at 12:30am, ate 6 ozs, then back to sleep and woke again at 4:30am, ate his 6 ozs, and now just woke at 7:30am and he is hungry.

Should I be feeding him more in the day? I don't think he can drink more then 6 ozs in a bottle at one time, sometimes he drinks 5.5ozs. But should I be feeding him during the day every 3 hours instead of 4 and see if that makes a difference. I am going to write everything down today, his feedings, how much, etc. Yesterday he did nap in the afternoon from about 11:30am-3:30pm, I should have woke him up, shouldn't I? He had a few other smaller naps too.

He was doing so well and now all of a sudden I feel like I have a 3 week old baby again. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.  :D

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Sleep patterns changed all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 14:47:51 pm »
the thing every mother hates.. growth spurt.
It sounds like thats whats causeing this. Try getting more oz in during the day if you can. Also move your bedtime back to 7pm and start a dreamfeed at 10:30pm and he should go back to waking once a night.

Send me a copy of your routine and I'll have a look ands see if I can help you get more feedings in during the day :)
Kimberly

Aimee12375

Re: Sleep patterns changed all of a sudden
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 15:27:24 pm »
Thanks. I was thinking that too. I am going to try his feedings at every 3 hours instead of 4. He ate this morning at 8, so he will be due in about 35 minutes. He is napping now. I don't really keep a listing of his routine, but today I am starting to. So we will see how it goes. I honestly haven't gotten through the WHOLE book yet, I am up to the S chapter.