Author Topic: 15 week old - Habitual Waking 1 Hour after bedtime!  (Read 917 times)

Offline mommytomackenzie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
15 week old - Habitual Waking 1 Hour after bedtime!
« on: February 28, 2006, 14:47:20 pm »
Hello,

My lo was having very bad gas pains about 45 min - 1 hour after going to sleep at night.  I've moved her last feed back a bit to make sure I have time to give her ample burps before she falls asleep.  I've also started giving her gas drops before bedtime too. Now she's not waking up becuase of gas (I know this b/c I come in and listen to see if she's really in pain/having gas or just waking up).  I'm thinking she's formed a habit of waking at this time?  Obviously when she was in pain I'd pick her up and help her toot the gas out and hold her until she settled down. 

Does this sound like a habit?  I now just go in a pat/shh her in the crib and she falls back to sleep...but I'd love to break this habit.  Any other suggestions? 

By the way, I'm pretty sure the waking isn't due to her being overly tired even though it's close to the end of her sleep cycle.  But just in case folks want more info -- she's on a 3 hour EASY schedule (although it may be time to move to 3.5 EASY) with three 1-1.5 hour naps (we often have to help her extend at least one of these naps) and ususally one catnap around 4:30/5pm.  We do her bath about 6:15 and she's in bed by 7pm.  She falls asleep on her own, but still often needs pt/shh to help her. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Nicole

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Re: 15 week old - Habitual Waking 1 Hour after bedtime!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 00:59:49 am »
Oh, I have been there! My son kept waking 3 or 4 times at hour intervals. I kept thinking he was overtired, but he was actually undertired. After i extended his A time he is now tired enough for bedtime. You may need to try to extend A time.
HTH
Alice