Author Topic: 16 month old - has not slept a full night since born! need advice  (Read 1163 times)

Offline AmandaD

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My daughter is 16 months old and had colic for the first 5 months of her life.
once the colic subsided we started the task of helping our daughter to learn to go to sleep on her own - this was very successful - we have a great bedtime routine and she points to her cot when she is ready to go to bed!!  however - by around 12pm - she starts to wake peiodically.  This has been on-going since she was born - and we have had good months and bad - but the last 4 weeks have been terrible - my little girl simply is not getting enough sleep - she averages around 9 hours per night.
We have found that she wakes screaming and a few minutes after she wakes she passes wind - then settles - this happens quite a few times and is now resulting in long periods of wakefulness as she simply cannot get herslef back to sleep - has anybody experienced this? is there any remedy i can give her to help with this build up of night time wind? gripe water does not touch it.

help!!!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 16 month old - has not slept a full night since born! need advice
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:11:41 am »
Sounds like you need to look at her diet & why she is getting wind. Maybe keep a food diary of everything she eats & eliminate various foods to see what happens.
I also think if it was me I'd be consulting a Dr to ask if he/she can help work out why the wind builds up as it sounds more like a health problem than a "sleep" one
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05