Author Topic: Dream Feed  (Read 1323 times)

Offline jennf

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Dream Feed
« on: March 01, 2006, 04:46:58 am »
my LO is down for the night right now since around 9:00-9:30 when i fed him last.  I had previously fed him 2 hrs early (clusterfeed?) 

When would i do a dream feed?
do i just pick him up and pop the bottle in his mouth?

I just put him on his tummy for one nap and for night time sleep for the first time today, and it seems to be working out better ( no startle reflex ) this is against most peoples views on how to sleep a baby, but i was at my whits end today.

Jackson Derrick Fritsche
                 Born Jan 18, 2006
Younger brother to Jeremy Oct 10, 1994 and Jared Cole Nov 3 1998

Offline Lªuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Dream Feed
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:47:22 am »
JennF I don't personally d/f, but DS does cluster feed sometimes. Just had a look in TBW secrets of the BW page 184-5 and Tracey has this advise for you....

Tank them up. This might sound like a rather crude expression, but one of the ways we get babies to sleep through the night is by filling their tummies. To that end, when an infant is six weeks old, I suggest two practices:

cluster feeding—that is, feed her every two hours before bedtime—and giving what I call a dream feed right before you retire to bed. For example, you give her the breast (or a bottle) at six and eight in the evening, and the dream feed at ten-thirty or eleven.

With dream feeding, literally nurse or bottle-feed). her in her sleep. In other words, you pick your baby up, gently place the bottle or breast on her lower lip, and allow her to eat, taking care not to wake her. When she’s finished, you don’t even burp her; just put her down. Infants are usually so relaxed at these feeds, they don’t gulp air. You don’t talk; you don’t change her unless the night she’s soaked through or soiled. With both these tanking-up techniques, most babies can sleep through that middle-of-the-night it, teach feed, because they have enough calories to keep them going for are some five or six hours.

HTH (sorry if there are words missed out, I scanned it from the book for you, tend to miss word it doesn't understand)

lauren x
Lauren x

Offline Lªuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Dream Feed
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 08:45:55 am »
JennF how are you getting on with this?
Lauren x