Author Topic: Should we just pick a reason for waking?  (Read 1007 times)

Offline mthyne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Should we just pick a reason for waking?
« on: March 01, 2006, 19:51:07 pm »
My now 7 month ds likes to wake at night, however, mommy really doesn't. ;)  He's a great kid, but I can't put a finger on why the wakings.  Teething?  Possibly. Colds?  I think we're over them.  Milestones?  Yeah, maybe.  Pacifier addiction?  Not bad, will spit it out and stay asleep.  Overtired?  Don't think so--gets more than enough hours.  Too much sleep?  Is that possible? :)  Habit?  Who knows?
Sometimes he'll go 7-8 hours, sometimes only 3.  He has an older sister with activities, but I still make sure he gets naps and has a consistent bedtime.  Sometimes he'll go down with a quick pat and his pacifier, sometimes it's a struggle.  So, do I just ride it out?  And keep doing what I'm doing?  Or should I try something else?  I don't want to introduce something new and screw it up even more! 
As an aside: what's a good amount of awake time for a 7-month old?  And how long do you dream feed?  Alex will average 2-3 hours A time (usually the 3 hour block is in the evening), and we still dream feed around 10:30.  Any help would be so appreciated!!!!

Thanks!
Melissa
Melissa
Mom to Penelope and Alex
er

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Should we just pick a reason for waking?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 23:02:12 pm »
I think 2-3 hours A time is about right... average about 2.5 or just a bit more.

The fact that some of the time putting the Paci back in gets him off to sleep says to me that is PART of the problem, it isn't the falling out when a sleep that says it is a problem, but the needing it to got to sleep again

I think the other part is probably developmental. as we got lots of wakings at the 7-9month mark... still getting over them & got another cold  :( :(

I think the only thing I would look at changing is the Paci.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05