Author Topic: changing the nipple?? at what stage??  (Read 1028 times)

Offline rileyand wyatt

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • having so much fun!!!!
« on: March 02, 2006, 00:27:31 am »
Hi Girls,

Riley is 2 1/2 months and over the last few days has been taking about 1/2 hour to take 4 oz. okay way to long, and also is starting to fall asleep midway. I decided i was going to try and change the nipple from newborn to  3 month old, we are using dr. brown bottle. well when i did it she can't stop spitting up, i mean spitting up half her feed, like projectile spit up which she never does, she is so uncomfrtable after taking the bottle. Today i went back to the newborn nipple and again took her forever butshe was better, okay i know that you girls are going to say i am confusing her.. I am not sure what to do at this point , do i stay with the newborn for a few more weeks till her belly can handle it or change over and just deal with the belly/spit up issues. she is not that big of an eater but i think it is because she is getting so tired trying to suck at the bottle.. would love to hear what you gals think.

Dana

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: changing the nipple?? at what stage??
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 09:10:01 am »
What you might want to try as an interim measure is putting another small hole in the newborn teat, as it sounds like the med flow if too fast for her still.  Or you could try and burp more?

HTH
Lauren x