Author Topic: frequent wakings since immunisations  (Read 1018 times)

Offline michelle s

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 02, 2006, 13:43:55 pm »
Hi

I'm mum to Charlotte - 14 weeks old and am frazzled thro lack of sleep this last week!! I decided to put her in her own room and into her cot for the first time about 10 days ago and it went really well. She'd not been sleeping thro at night before that but was only waking once about 3-4am for a feed then sleeping again til 7am ish. But when she went in her own room we had 3 nights of excellent sleep - 11 til 5, 11 til 5.30 then 11 til 445am. Then she had her second lot of immunisations and everythings gone mad! Last night I got about 3 hrs in total and with a cold on top I've just about had it!!! She's sleeping 11 til about 2.30 or 3 and then waking up. I can usually get her down again by about 4.30 or 5 (if I feed her) but her sleep from then til 7 is realy disturbed and I can't get any sleep from 3ish onwards becuase of it. I really don't think its hunger as she has a bottle of formula at nightime and generally takes about 7oz (she's breast fed apart from that). The last 3 nights she's been sick in her sleep and I think that's woken her up but it's really difficult to settle her without offering her the breast. But if I breast feed her at the 3am wake she then has more wind and sick. I'm wonderng if I'm doing some accidental parenting by feeding her when she wakes at 3ish because last night when she woke i gave her a dummy (which she usually doesn't take) and managed to settle her by 3.40. But then she woke again at 4.15 and seemed to show hunger signs (fingers in mouth etc) so I fed her and got her down about 5. After that she only slept for 1/2 hr slots and needed reassuring to go back to sleep until finally at 6.45 I got her up. I was up from 3 as I couldn't wind down again. I really need a plan of action to try with her to get her back into a decent sleep routine but just feel overwhelemd by everything I've read in the bw books and can't seem to create a strategy from all the things I've read(overtiredeness probably). Please could someone help - I'd be so grateful?!!!!!

Offline JoC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: frequent wakings since immunisations
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 18:45:10 pm »
My ds was also knocked back by the immunisations, he was well over a week till he settled again, so things may calm down in a day or two. Being in her own room is also stressful I guess. Can't give you any advice unfortunatelly, just that it can take quite a while for the injection to work through their systems. My ds was worse with the first lot, and not quite as bad with the other two so you can be prepared for next time.

Jo