Author Topic: Baby crying lots not sure what is going on!  (Read 1559 times)

Offline RyansMum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
Baby crying lots not sure what is going on!
« on: March 02, 2006, 17:08:34 pm »
My son has had a runny nose since the weekend and is either teething or has a cold, not quite sure which it is as he has been generally his usual happy self.  However, today he is crying quite a bit even though he has had a good hour nap in the morning and almost 2 hours in the afternoon.  The cry he is mainly making is a long wa noise, I have checked his temp and thats normal and he has eaten fine today.  Confused and sorry if this is in the wrong place but wondered if anyone had any advice on what this very long wa noise could mean.  Thanks

Offline Maia&Lia

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Baby crying lots not sure what is going on!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 18:15:59 pm »
Can't really help you, sorry.
My only suggestion would be to call his pediatrician just to make sure that he doesn't have an ear infection or anything like that! I hope he feels better soon!

-Alessia
Alessia
Mom to...

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 20:41:13 pm »
hi Ryansmum, how is he now?  Does anything help him stop crying?

Offline RyansMum

• Minecraft mad!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 23:20:58 pm »
Hi, all I can think is he was bored and tired!!  Not quite sure how he was tired straight from a 2hr nap though!  Sometimes he was calm then he would start up again!  We have missed a couple of groups this week so perhaps he is bored?  I just hate that particular cry, as its so loud and drawn out!  Hardly anything I do seems to help either.  Luckily when it was time for Baby Einstein he calmed right down and was fine while I cooked. At bedtime he was a little grouchy and practically fell asleep on the bottle!  He woke up though as I put him in the cot and then went right to sleep, not a peep out of him!  I am running out of ideas for things to do when we are at home.  I prop him up with pillows and try and let him play on his own for a while, then I join him.  But apart from the odd massage, when we are at home this is pretty much it!  He is still too little to do much else really I feel except for the classes we go to which I feel he enjoys.  Am looking out for 1 or 2 more groups to see if this helps plus eventually he will go to nursery twice a week and this should mean fresh and new stuff for him to do.

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 23:30:43 pm »
Glad that your day ended up ok.   :)  It is a frustrating time when he probably wants to be more independent with sitting etc, but not quite capable, and then he's probably gearing up for moving around etc.  Also with object permanence kicking in he's more aware of what's going on.  My dd liked peek a boo where I'd hide and jump out (well actually Nathan would do that and she loved it).  Rolling balls to help them track where it's going etc. 

Developmental things can throw a spanner in the works and it's not often after the fact that it becomes clear.  Could be teething, growth spurt etc.

Tomorrow is another day... ;)

HTH

Offline RyansMum

• Minecraft mad!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 12:34:07 pm »
Hi there

He has been fine since!  I went to a friends for a couple of hours and he really enjoyed himself, very vocal and smiling, perhaps a change of scenery was in order!  Plus I have now put him on just 2 bottles of milk a day as he was getting quite upset with me trying to get him to have more feeds so have combined it all in 2 bottles with extra milk at breakfast on his cereal!  All in all he seems more happy.