Author Topic: sippy q  (Read 864 times)

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: March 03, 2006, 13:11:20 pm »
can anyone tell me what the transition to a sippy should look like?

we have two types of sippy cup.  one we have been using for water and he just doesn't like milk in there.  the other type seems to work better, but he only takes 2-3oz before he demands the bottle to finish his feed.  is this normal?  i am hoping that he will gradually drink more and more before asking for the bottle. 

or should i stop offering the bottle after he refuses the sippy?

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: sippy q
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 16:15:44 pm »
It took my dd a good solid month before she would take more than half a sip of milk from a sippy.  I tried to offer it in a different sippy than what she uses for juice/water, but we ended up back with the same one.  After she turned 1, she started taking about 3 oz of milk (actually, I was still using formula too until yesterday) with her meals, and I dropped the morning bottle right around 12 months.  Now she gets a bedtime bottle, milk in a sippy with all meals, and water/juice during play and with snacks.  Some days she doesn't drink as much, but she also gets yogurt and cheese.
How old is your lo?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:30:10 am »
he's just over 11mo. 

yesterday was a super day, he took two whole feeds from a spout.  but this morning he refused completely, so we'll see what happens later.