Author Topic: 6hours regressed back to 3  (Read 1002 times)

Offline jksong528

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 03, 2006, 16:26:58 pm »
my LO is 14 weeks old and is a spirited baby.  We started PU/PD 2 weeks ago where she slept 6-7hours at night. This past week, she's been waking up every 2-3 hours. How do I know if she's waking from hunger or habit? What do I do in the middle of the night vs breastfeeding her? I do pu/pd if it's only been 1-2 hours at night, but how do I get her back to sleeping 6-7 hours? We tank her up every night. We cluster feed at 6, 8 and dream feed at 10pm. I tried waiting to see if she settles but she'll cry louder and louder. any input would be appreciated. thanks!

Offline jessica5

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 6hours regressed back to 3
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 16:44:00 pm »
When she wakes in the middle of the night and you feed her, does she seem hungry?  Or does she just eat a bit and drop back to sleep?  If she seems hungry, I'd feed her - maybe she's having a growth spurt.  If she goes to sleep, though, I would try to continue with PU/PD to help her get back to sleep, so she won't learn to use a middle-of-the-night-feed as a prop (I made this mistake with my daughter).

I have a Spirited baby too, and PU/PD drives her crazy..... so I use shh/pat, even though she's five months old.  It's very slow going, but her night wakings are getting farther and farther apart.  I actually lie on the floor by her crib and shh/pat to comfort her periodically while she cries.  Sometimes she cries more and more, but eventually, she settles back to sleep.

Good luck in getting some sleep  :)
Jessica
mom to an Angel/Textbook Toddler & Spirited Baby

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: 6hours regressed back to 3
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 17:33:21 pm »
I'd also question whether its a growth spurt, they can cause regressions in sleep. Start upping the amounts your LO gets during the day and you can try pat/shush to try and settle at night but be read to feed your LO, if it is a growth spurt she'll need the food. Upping her intake suring the day should balance things out for you :)
Kimberly