Author Topic: Night Waking not sure what to do?  (Read 1035 times)

Offline KHodds

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 03, 2006, 18:09:11 pm »
Hi all, I need some advise. I have recently been trying to get my lo into a routine of feeding roughly
7, 11, 3, 7 and 11, and have dropped the night feed which would usually be anywhere between 3 and 6am. Since doing this my lo has been waking up at 4.00 and I have put his dummy back in and he is fine until 5, so I do the same and he wakes up between here and 6.30. I then feed him at 6.30. My question is how do I stop him waking up? Or should I feed him when he wakes still? Or should I try upping his feeds during the day to make up for the night feed? He is 15 1/2 weeks and
is on 7oz per feed.

Thanks
Kate and Charlie

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Night Waking not sure what to do?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 00:12:06 am »
for the time being feed him when he wakes up and increase his daytime feeds and between the 2 that should help him sleep :) he's doing really well so I wouldn't actually worry about him feeding once a night right now, he's still pretty young and may in fact need it. Start slowly diluting the formula over a week and see where that gets you, it might make him stop waking, if it causes more problems then stop.

HTH
Kimberly

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: Night Waking not sure what to do?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 10:13:15 am »
Hi Kate

I agree with Karita, I think it is VERY normal for a 4 month old to still need a feed during those early morning hours.  I would also keep up that feed for the time being, DS will probably drop it himself when he is ready or like Karita said, you could try diluting the feed and see how that goes

Good luck