Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 1440 times)

Offline clare076

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 03, 2006, 23:32:00 pm »
Did you increase the amount you offer in a bottle by the guide on the tin. For example my LO is 11 weeks old and the tin says she should now have around 6.5oz (7oz when made up) Or did you what until your LO started draining bottles.

My LO still only drinks around 4oz each bottle 3-4 hourly but I have been offering the bigger amount just in case one day she decides to drink more. I am throwing away a third of the bottle each time, which over a week works out to quite a bit of the tin.

Should I put her back to the smaller amount and wait until she starts finishing these bottles before I increase it?

Also

When you give the d/f is it common for them to still wake for another feed 4 hours later, or is the d/f not working? We have been doing it for a week now and the early morning bottle seems to get earlier and earlier each day. The first night d/f at 10, she woke at 5. Then d/f 10.30 woke at 4.30, last night d/f at 11 she woke at 3. We started to do them later thinking she may go through till 6 not start waking earlier. Should I go back to 10 and see what happens, stop all together or keep going.
We cant add the extra calories to the day because she just will not eat them.

Clare

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 23:38:41 pm »
2 answers  ;D

1) Go by your LO the guide is just there as that, a guide, some eat more some less, when your LO drains her bottles start upping the amounts an OZ at a time. You should always try to have an OZ more in the bottle then what they usually eat just in case they want more.

2) Yes it is normal for them to wake 4 hours later, at 10 weeks its not uncommon for LO's to wake 1-2 times a night for a feed. For the time being do the d/f at 10:30-11 (or when you go to bed) then feed her when she wakes at night. Once she's about 12-14 weeks old you can start working at droping a feed, some LO's need a night feed longer then others, some aren't ready to go through the night till they start solids. When your LO starts going 6 hours without waking thats considered sleeping through the night. Its a slow progress and so far your doing a great job :)
Kimberly

Offline clare076

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 02:59:59 am »
OK thanks for that.
(I am quite happy with getting up to feed her at night, because I get that extra special cuddle. lol)

Clare

Offline Lªuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 08:56:28 am »
Claire
This site may also help you http://www.babycentre.co.uk/refcap/9136.html for more answers, but always go by your LO, these are just guides printed on the back of the tin, I was always advised by my health visitor go by weight not age.

HTH
Lauren x