Author Topic: Just starting easy  (Read 937 times)

Offline A'smommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Just starting easy
« on: February 26, 2006, 13:23:07 pm »
Quick question when I lay Ava down for a nap do I leave the room?  She isn't crying at all in her crib, just staring at her mobile or bumpers.  I don't want to do the wrong thing.  Also what kind of activties do all of you do?  Ava is 6 weeks and 2 days.  Thanks.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: Just starting easy
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 15:44:40 pm »
Hello!!  :)
If she isn't crying when you lay her down, then it is ok to leave the room.  Try not to worry about doing the "wrong" thing...as there really is no real "right" or "wrong".  Just go with what you FEEL is "right".  :)  As far as activities go for a 6 week old, her activity time will probably mostly consist of feeding, diaper changes and some cuddling.  :)  Congrats on your little one!!
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Just starting easy
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 09:56:35 am »
Careene
I am now able to lay my DS down in his cot awake for naps and then I leave the room, he sometimes fusses but as long as he can hear DH or I upstairs then 9 times out of 10 he will sleep himself without crying. When he does cry I go back in and lay a hand on him - I don't do PU/PD because even though he is in his gro' bag his arms are still swaddled and this makes it difficult picking him up all the time (except in circumstances where he is screaming!!)

I found this is a fantastic skill for LO's to learn as it means he they wakes in the night I don't have to go to him as he falls asleep himself again  8)   - I stopped feeding him at night about 4 weeks ago.

HTH
Lauren x