Author Topic: Feeding Schedule for 8 months  (Read 1692 times)

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Feeding Schedule for 8 months
« on: March 04, 2006, 19:28:08 pm »
Hi there,

My Ds is almost 8 months old and is a very big boy - 21.1lbs last time he was weighed.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some of their feeding schedules for an 8 month old including naps etc.

At the moment he has breakfast at 7:00 and his last bottle in the evening at 6:15 -6:30 and asleep by 6:45.

Thanks for your help.

Paula - Mum to Thomas - 12 July 2005
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Shian&Edensmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 20:06:50 pm »
Hi

my DD was born the day before your DS.  She is also a big baby - around 21lbs just now.

She wakes around 6.45
Bottle around 7.15
Breakfast at 7.30-7.45 (usually cereal)
nap 9.30 - 11am
Bottle around 11.30am
Lunch around 12.00pm
nap 1.30 - 2.15
bottle 3.30
snack 4pm (usually yoghurt or fruit)
Dinner 5.30pm
Bath 6.15pm
Bottle 6.30pm
Bed 6.45pm

Hope this helps :)
Pauline

Mum to:
Shian - born 17/4/99
Eden - born 11/7/05

Offline * Paula *

Re: Feeding Schedule for 8 months
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 20:28:03 pm »
Hi Pauline,

Thanks for your routine.

Thomas is on a very similar routine to your DD -  but I cannot get him to nap anywhere near as long - please let me know your secret.

Thomas' schedule is as follows:

Wakes around 7:00
Bottle - 7:15
Cereal straight after
I can usually get him down for a nap around 9:00 although he only sleeps for about 30 minutes  >:(
Snack around 10:00 - bananna
11:30 - Lunch
Sometimes he will go for a nap at around 12:00ish and again for only 30-45 minutes
2:00 - 2:30 - Bottle
Around 3:30 - small snack - biscuit
Dinner - 4:30 - 4:45
He is absolutely shattered by this time as he has not had much sleep during the day
Bath around 5:45
Bottle 6:15
Bed 6:30 - 6:45 and he sleeps straight through the night.

What I can't underderstand is that he knows when it is night time and sleeps soundly all night, but will not sleep long during the day, and can end up being a right grouch.

I have take Monday and Tuesday off work next week to try and sort his sleeping schedule, but am not sure how it is going to work.

Please give me some ideas on how you get your lo to nap longer.

Thanks
Paula - Mum to Thomas 12 July 2005

Offline Lindy Loo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • DS Jun 2005, DD Dec 2008
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 16:05:56 pm »
Hi Paula & Pauline

My DS is a little younger but seems to be on a fairly similar routine although his bottle feeds are very small.  I don't know if I need to tweak the times or just run with it.  He is quite light (18lbs) but very tall and enough energy to wear me out so I'm not worried about his weight.
His routine is roughly...

Wakes 6.30-7.00
Breakfast followed by bottle (only takes about 3 oz) 7.30 (I've tried giving bottle first but then he doesn't take weetabix)
Nap 9.45-10.30
Bottle 11.30
Lunch 12.30/1.00
Nap 1.45-3
Bottle and sometimes bit of fruit 4ish
Dinner 5.30
Bath 6.30 then bottle & bed by 7.15.

He only takes about 15oz a day - sometimes a bit more, sometimes much less.
He used to take a cat nap between 5 and 6 and then have dinner and go to bed later at about 8 but has now dropped this nap hence earlier bed. My only problem now is that sometimes when I try to give him dinner he is too tired and uncoordinated to eat and ends up rubbing it into his eyes.  may have to make dinner a bit earlier ????

Linda
Mum to Ryan 24/06/05

Offline lotti

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Henry William 7th July 2005
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 10:04:30 am »
Hi

I am very jealous - my little boy is the same age (born 7th July), weighs 23lbs and still wakes at least twice for milk during the night! He  also takes ages to settle at night time occasionally. He also doesn't sleep much during the day, like you sometimes less than an hour. He is overtired most of the time and i have tried EVERYTHING in my power to improve his daytime (and nightime) sleep!

It seems to have nothing to do with food (for me) as we have days where he eats virtually nothing and sleeps really well  - and vice versa. At the moment though we are battling teeth and he eats virtually nothing. Except breastmilk that is, which unfortunately he loves!

My routine is very similar to yours! Oh dear, these baby's really don't do what they're meant too. Would be interested to hear what happens...?

Charlotte

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 12:44:18 pm »
Hi Charlotte,

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time.  I know exactly what you mean about teething.  DS is currently cutting his top teeth and has been going through it for a while - some days his cheeks are so red and he is so miserable.  With regards to teething - have you tried the Ashton on Palmers teething powders?  I have started using them and have not looked back since. 

If DS has been quite ratty through out the day - I tend to give him 5mls of paracetamol, and he is is still ratty I give him 2.5mls of Nurofen and that seems to settle him and he goes right off to sleep.  You are able to give the Nurofen straight after paracetamol as it does not contain the same things as paracetamol.

If you would like my full schedule of how much DS eats, please let me know and I will give you a full posting.

Sending you loads of HUGS

Paula

Offline lotti

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Henry William 7th July 2005
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 19:38:41 pm »
Hi Paula

I'd love to see what your lo eats. Henry has really lost his appetite with these teeth, which is a real set back as weaning had been going so well.

I was really interested in the teething powders you mentioned - I hadn't heard of them, could you give me the details if poss? Unfortunately Henry can't have Ibuprofen - he has a bleeding disorder and it can aggravate that, so any other options would be good! I give paracetamol but it seems to make little difference, although Calgel/Dentinox gel seems to work for a while at least.

Thanks for your reply !

Charlotte

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 20:47:09 pm »
Hi Charlotte,

You can get the Ashton on Palmers teething powders from any pharmacy and I think you might be able to get them from ASDA and Tesco - although I am not 100% sure of that.  It is a small white box with blue writing on it and has about 20 sachets in it.  All you do is empty the powder into your lo's mouth - I tend to rub in on DS gums and it numbs them - they are really fantastic and I think they are herbal as well, and can be used as often as you need.  I don't use any bonjela or anything like that anymore.

As for our feeding schedule - a good day looks like this - allthough today was a tough day and could not get DS to drink much milk.

7:00 - 7:30 - 8oz Bottle with about 10-12 baby spoons of cereal.

10:00 - 10:30 - Half a bananna as a snack - this is where we practice finger foods - tend to cut it up into chunks and DS feeds himself

11:30 - Lunch - 1 Jar of food and half a jar of fruit for pudding

2:00 - 2:30 - 7oz Bottle

3:30 - Snack of a baby biscuit or cheerios - again this is where we practice finger foods

4:45 - Dinner - Same as lunch

6:15 - 6:30 - 8-9oz bottle - depending on what he will take

6:45 - Bed

Let me know how you get on.