Author Topic: "pizza pizza pizza"  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
"pizza pizza pizza"
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:23:59 am »
this is all dd seems to want to eat these days  ??? She is a food phaser and from 12 to 16.5 months would only eat cereal, yogurt and pasta and meat balls occasionally. Then we got 2 weeks of near normal eating and managed to introduce pasta and ham, pasta and cheese sauce, quiche and pizza. Well we are stuck with the pizza, she doesn't care if it's actually pizza, quiche or toasted crackers with cheese to her it's all pizza. I make my own quiche and manage to hide some broccoli and cauliflower and make my own pizzas- buy the base and add tomato, mozarella and ham. Should I be giving in to this and giving it to her? Am trying to stay away from it at lunchtime and give it at night so that I know she will eat something before bed. She also has natural yogurt with fruit puree 2 a day as its the only way to get fruit in too.
Is a toddler who goes through food phases like this liable to change at any point or will they remain food phasers? I don't know if I can stand 4 months of pizza, at least cereal was easy I just added milk  :P
Fiona

Offline mcruari

• Showing Appreciation 361
  • Turin, Italy (but Irish at heart)
Re: "pizza pizza pizza"
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:46:17 am »
Fiona,
 it is just a phase and it does go away eventually - but hey, at least it is pizza that you can vary sometimes it could be crisps or sausages. Plus pizza is a complete meal if you think about it. You have carbohydrates (pizza base), vegetables (tomato + anything else you can sneek on), protein (mozzarella + maybe ham or something) so it is not really that bad after all.
Stick with it and offer other things along with it.

Sinead
Sinéad

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:11:18 am »
i agree with sinead. i woudl give it to her alongside other foods and just hope she will eventually eat other things - i woudl vary the toppings and think of it like sandwiches with different fillings. many people give their kid a sandwich for lunch every day (not even different fillings sometimes) and homemade pizza sounds pretty healthy and nutritious (mine won't try pizza but would eat fish sticks every night if i let her  ::))
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 22:24:59 pm »
Hi,

Definately a phase she is going through, my DD recently went through a phase of only wanting toast and jam :o ::) she grew out of it in a couple of weeks.  hang in there she will grow out of it...homemade pizza is not bad as it has tomatoes and veggies on it.  Now if only i could get my DD to eat it! ::)

HTH :)
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 22:29:23 pm »
yes  Ryan went through this . he only wanted mince (veg snuck in) and potatoes , i didn't mind this as i would cook a bulk and freeze. now he is a sausage monster , wants it everyday , everymeal . now i'm finding it hard to get the veggies in him , i'm sure in a few months it will be something else , another healthy one i hope.
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline Lilah'sMommy

• Showing Appreciation 254
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 04:37:45 am »
I wouldn't worry.  Like everyone else has said, pizza actually does have some nutritional value, and is a complete meal.  Keep at it, and keep offering what you're eating, too.
Sabrina
wife to Roy, 6-29-01
mom to Lilah, 9-5-04
Iris, 1-8-07
and Eve, 4-9-09