Author Topic: How much activity time for 8wk old?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Jessi

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How much activity time for 8wk old?
« on: March 06, 2006, 20:05:22 pm »
I'm just wondering how long most 8wk olds stay awake.  My dd eats then has a diaper change, then after about 20 mins of activity--either me talking to her, walking her around the house, or laying various places looking around, she starts to get fussy.  She seems to get overstimulated pretty easily--she'll only stay 2-3 mins under her gym.  Are there other things I can be doing that are more low key?  She has a swing, but it's very seldom that she likes it much longer than a few minutes.  Is this awake time about average for this age?  I don't remember with ds#1.

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

Re: How much activity time for 8wk old?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 01:02:28 am »
How long does eating and diaper change take on top of the 20mins activity?

I would be guessing (sorry can't remember), that about 1hr would be total activity time.

Offline The Vern

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Linnea Beatrice Christina - January 5, 2006
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 22:25:12 pm »
My lo is just over 8 weeks. I would say she's spirited mostly and therefore tends to get overtired quickly, just as yours I take it.  The amount of A time sounds about right from my experience and from others' posts on here. Mine will also only  tolerate maximum 2-3 minutes under her gym, 30 seconds tummy time, and maybe 20 minutes of light activity e.g. walking around, sitting on my lap, occasionally watching baby einsteins, etc.  I usually act on the first tired sign, be it yawn, seeming disinterested, rubbing her face, etc and put her down to sleep then. Hope that helps.

Offline Jessi

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 05:14:30 am »
Yes, that helps.  It usually ends up being less than an hour total, but that seemed short.  I think it's just different than my first one, who could handle a bit more.  Thanks!