Author Topic: anyone had success with wake to sleep for habitial night wakening?  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Hi I am going to attempt wake to sleep to cure my son's habitial 4-6 am wakenings? He wakes, eats and stays awake for an hour grunting and cooing. This is fine but it is making morning A time and nap impossible. Has anyone gone through this experience? What did you do? Do you have any tips? I have already been duliting his bottle, and I am thinking of doing the wake to sleep method.

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: anyone had success with wake to sleep for habitial night wakening?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 05:17:52 am »
Hi there

Is Gage waking at the same time every night?

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 23:59:30 pm »
yes, he always wakes between 4-6am and stays awake for an hourish and then falls back to sleep. We started feeding him during this time as he was hungry when he was younger, but now I think it is just habitual. He does go back to sleep on his own but then he is super tired in the morning.

Jo-FrasersMum

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 01:19:40 am »
Hi

An habitual waking is when your DS is waking at the EXACT same time each night.  With a 2 hour window like you have, I don't think that the waking is habitual and I'm not sure how you would go with trying wake to sleep. 

I think as long as Gage knows how to fall asleep independently, he might just still need you to help him at that time for the time being. 

Good luck
Jo