Author Topic: Help with our now fussy 9 month olds!  (Read 984 times)

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
Help with our now fussy 9 month olds!
« on: March 07, 2006, 15:34:02 pm »
Hi Everyone –

We are wondering if anyone has some advice and/or book recommendations for us.  We are friends from the BW site and our dd’s happen to be born on the very same day! 

Anyway, our angel/textbook babies are growing up and are now throwing mini-tantrums, being too distracted to eat, wanting to crawl/walk but still not able to do it, teething, and showing signs of separation anxiety.  We are not used to our normally happy babies crying and yelling all day long!  It seems we are experiencing the beginnings of toddler behavior and we are wondering if there are any particularly good books on this topic or if anyone has advice.  Like when our dd’s yell for us and cry because of separation anxiety, should we pick them up and comfort them?  Or go to where they are and try to distract them with a toy or something?   

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated!

Melissa and Daniela
Mom to Lucy and Mom to Ximena
May 30, 2005!

Offline squirrel23

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help with our now fussy 9 month olds!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 22:31:39 pm »
Hi there.My daughter is 12months in 14days time and she has been crying and moaning alot.I know it is to do with teething.She has got quite a few through.When i go to the toilet or out of the room she cries and its quit loud. When she gets moany i then go in the living room and play with her toys and then she settles down.I dont pick her up all the time otherwise she will expect to be picked up.You have to show them that you are in charge and not them. I find Looking on the internet and reading up about other mums going through the same helps.www.Motherandbabymagazine.com is quite good aswell. Its just a stage they go through and you got to try and not show them that it gets to you otherwise they do it more.I know it is hard. They do wear you out and let me know how you are getting on with your little one