Author Topic: in between  (Read 1420 times)

Offline mrsrobbo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Bev, mum to Bradley, Paige and 9 angels x
in between
« on: March 07, 2006, 20:52:15 pm »
I need some help, my little legs is 6 months, he can roll over, from his back to front, and when he isnt being lazy can got the other way too, but he is trying to crawl, he copies the other babies at playgroup but just cannot physically do it yet. he gets so mad, even at home, he isnt happy layed down and gets bored sitting, he has a door bouncer and various other toys but he just wants to move! any ideas on how to relieve the frustration or is just a case of riding this one out?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: in between
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 22:21:02 pm »
My ds is the exact same way right now. One thing that seems to help is laying him on my stomach so we're sort of face to face - he can creep easier that way and gets some practice without getting totally frustrated. Plus he loves to try and chase the cats (much like Karita's post in the photo gallery!) so that's incentive too.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 00:37:32 am »
My DD is doing the exact same thing, i try and help her crawl by pushing her feet into the ground as she doesn't quiet understand you need to use your arms as well as her legs  :)

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline maggieruth

• Showing Appreciation 251
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 10:57:39 am »
we did not have this problem as my ds seems to be more of the sit about and watch the world variety of kid!
can you help him through the motions?  i do this with my ds who is now 10 months old and he has just started a couple of crawl movements before collapsing into comando crawling on his tummy again.  i think my other question would be are his arms strong enough for crawling?  to help with that, keep going withthe tummy time too.
gotta go, my lo is waking up!
HTH! x