Author Topic: Travel and Sleep  (Read 946 times)

Offline tt

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 15, 2006, 02:56:44 am »
Hi there...

I have just taken my three month old on a trip.  Yesterday was the day of travel which was a 7 hour flight and she did very well on the plane without crying once.  She also went to sleep at the hotel in a play pen for her first time on her own just like she does at home.

Today was a different story.  She seems to be quite scared of the room she is in or the play pen.  She is fine during the nap routine and bedtime routine but once we hit the last part of the routine she will start to cry even though both my husband and I are staying with her.  I'm not sure if she is teething as she is gnawing on her bottom lip (which could also be anxiety) and rubbing her fingers along her gumline.

Any tips on getting a baby to sleep in a new place for just a few days? Thanks.

tt

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 12:24:24 pm »
Hello, I am in London at the moment, on friday we will go to Scotland but we actually live in Germany, our families are just all over the place so I know how it is to travel with a baby...

What worked for us is doing things that Scott (6months) recognised from home. Same bedtime routine, same toy, blablabla...

If she cries when you put her to bed try to pick her up and make a REALLY cheery face to make her happy. Try not to look worried or annoyed and stuff and do it together with your hubby.

Worked for us :)

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Travel and Sleep
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 02:48:36 am »
also things that smell like home or mommy can help - like a blanket that she's slept on, or a t-shirt you've been wearing all day. 
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy