Author Topic: Bottle Before/After Bath - 7 Month Old  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Bottle Before/After Bath - 7 Month Old
« on: March 09, 2006, 00:43:18 am »
Hi there. My almost 7-month old is on 2 solid meals/day now after a slow start due to some tummy issues. We are still only doing peaches, pears and carrots (no cereal right now per doctor) and will be starting squash Friday.

Currently, she gets 4 bottles per day - we offer 8 ounces - she ends up between 27-30 ounces/day (which is fine with her doctor who said 24-32 is good). Her bottles are at approx 7, 11, 3 and 6:30. Solid meals at approx 8:30 am and 5:30 pm. Prior to the start of solids, we did half of the last bottle at 6:30ish before bath and other half after bath and pajamas and right before stories and bed.

Anyway, since she is getting her "dinner" or solid foods at about 5:30/5:45 pm, we thought maybe we should do whole bottle after bath instead of splitting it? After all, won't those bottles be getting less (maybe 6 ounces) once she is eating more food and eventually be dropping all bottles and just having dinner and maybe snack/milk after bath? Or does it not matter for now?

However, we tried that this evening - she didn't enjoy bath nearly as much and got very upset during changing/pajamas. Then drank 6.5 ounces instead of 8 and was too exhausted for more. So I guess that means we should continue splitting bottles and giving her half or at least 2-3 ounces before bath for now - at least until she's eating much more solids?

Makes no difference to me - and as long as she's happy and full that's cool. Just want what's best for her both now and later...

TIA.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Bottle Before/After Bath - 7 Month Old
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 03:27:55 am »
If she is happy having half the bottle before bath then continue doing it. When she is on three solid meals a day then you may find she is happy having the whole bottle after her bath. Just play it by ear and follow her cues.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:42:07 am »
I agree with Natasha, if you and your DD are happy splitting the bottles carry on with it.

I did it when my DD was younger, but now she has her bottle after her bath.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 10:38:13 am »
Thanks guys. Will continue splitting it and try again once she's more firmly established with solids and on three meals.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01