Author Topic: Solid Food Reaction?  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Solid Food Reaction?
« on: March 09, 2006, 12:00:12 pm »
So hard to tell anymore what is a possible food reaction and what not... So far we've done avocado, carrot, peaches and pear. Avocado seemed to cause a strange rash on her forehead - doctor didn't seem to think related but went away (for the most part) within 2 days from removing the avocado from her diet. No other noticeable reactions.

Next carrots - which seemed to be fine - although she didn't seem to love them. And she got more constipated on them. So we stopped those after the 4 days too.

Then peaches - which she does like for the most part and seemed OK. So we added in pears on Tuesday - to see if the combo would help her go. She is going more often now - a few times a day. But all little pebbles. But seemed to be getting maybe a tiny bit softer late yesterday.

And thiis morning she woke up congested and with her rash looking worse again (although not as bad yet). Again, only on forehead/in between eyebrows and just above there.

Should I assume it is the pears and stop them? And just continue with peaches and maybe carrots and try a new food Saturday morning?

BTW - when she first got switched over to Alimentum (from Neocate) she was congested for 7-10 days and did have a bit of rash/acne. But it cleared up weeks ago. Could it all be an adjustment period?

Not sure how best to handle.

Also, are peas a laxative food or is it only the P fruits?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Solid Food Reaction?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 12:24:42 pm »
I should also add in that she's been sleeping well/same as always - mood is the same. She does have reflux (getting better) and has always had constipation. Doctor has us skipping cereals for now because she is worried that the added iron will only bind her further.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline cidercat

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 17:02:39 pm »
I've found that prunes, pears, and peas all help with the constipation.  I try to give my son at least 2 of those a day.  We usually do oatmeal with 2-3 oz of prunes for breakfast and then 2-3 oz of peas at either lunch or dinner (and now that I think of it, pears at the other meal- lunch or dinner).  It seems to help.  Without this, he was doing nothing but little pebbles (I call them cat turds, that's what they look like).  Now it's softer and he goes several times a day. 

I had no idea I could spend so much time thinking and talking about bowel regularity!

mommytsa

Re: Solid Food Reaction?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 03:58:00 am »
I'm shooting in the dark here, but could it be a reaction to the detergent you wash her sheets with?  Probably not, but I don't know if you'd thought to look at that yet.