Author Topic: Dream feeds - when do you stop ?  (Read 981 times)

Offline jez's Mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 09, 2006, 12:24:08 pm »
I have just recently purchased the Baby whisperer book so this question could be covered later on in the book (I'm only on page 70, but loving it and wish I had the book months ago !!). 

My DS is 10 months old  is very good at sleeping in his cot and settles himself no problem.  He goes down at 18:30ish and we top him up (dream feed , we started this when he was 6 moths old) at 23:00 and he sleeps through until 07:00, which is brilliant and I'm not complaining !! 

However having started to read the babywhisperer I am now thinking that I have fell into the AP trap.....  We have tried (when I say tried, I mean for a couple of nights every other week... :-[) foregoing the dream feed to see if DS would sleep through, but he woke up each time between Midnight - 02:00am.  DS is under weight for his age (weighs 18bls) and does not drink a lot of milk through out the day, however he eats a lot of solids.  At his bed time he takes around 120 mls and the same for his dream feed.

As DS is underweight I have put off dropping the dream feed but now I'm concerned that I have trained my DS to wake up ??.....

Any advice would be gratefully received !!

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Dream feeds - when do you stop ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 18:01:57 pm »
if the df is working for you to this point i would keep it. if u start noticing more wakings than usual i would try gradually weaning an ounce or so every few days at a time and see if that makes a difference.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Dream feeds - when do you stop ?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 23:09:35 pm »
also wanted to mention that doing a df that late can sometimes disturb sleep patterns a bit.  can also try doing it at 2200 or 2230 & see if that makes a difference too.  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy