Author Topic: Still only at 4-5 hr. stretches at 7weeks - what gives?  (Read 971 times)

Offline mixtim

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Still only at 4-5 hr. stretches at 7weeks - what gives?
« on: March 08, 2006, 23:24:52 pm »
Okay, maybe I shouldn't complain because things could be worse, but my 7w LO has been on EASY since coming home from the hospital and she only consistently does 4 hour stretches.  Yes, we had a few days last week and the week before where she did some 5 and 6 hour stretches, but that's been it.  I feel like EASY just isn't paying back antying.  I mean don't most 7w olds do this by now anyway?  It just feels like all this scheduling and structure has been for nothing! 

My LO is fairly typical.  We do 3 hour EASY blocks during the day.  I don't allow her to sleep more than 2 hours in any block.  She eats 4oz. a block. 

Now, we did just start the late night feed this past week.  It has done nothing so far.  I'm ready to just give that up because I feel like I'm just waking her for no good reason.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Still only at 4-5 hr. stretches at 7weeks - what gives?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 23:47:58 pm »
Actually I think 4 hours at 7 weeks is wonderful! 7 weeks is still very young and I think that you will start seeing results of EASY soon.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline mixtim

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 10:41:53 am »
Thanks.  It is reassuring to hear that.  I think my disappointment stems from the fact that in her problem solving book, Tracey says somewhere that 6w infants on EASY typically sleep 6+ stretches.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 17:52:39 pm »
My ds is 6.5 months now and I can count on one hand the number of times that he has slept 6+ hours at a stretch. The problem with statements like 6w infants on EASY typically sleep 6+ hours is that if it doesn't happen you think something's wrong, or you're doing something wrong and get frustrated. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that 6+ hours at 6w is all that common at all. Of course every baby is different and sleep comes naturally to some while others (like mine) just don't get it naturally.

I think you're doing great, and it sounds to me like you're on the road to having a great sleeper!  :D
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o