Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 911 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: March 09, 2006, 15:26:43 pm »
Hello!!! Yesterday was an awful day. Her two under tooth already are out after days of struggling. On her first nap he only reached the 30 min. then on her secont nap 3 hours later she only slept 20 min. She was overtired but didnīt wanted to sleep earlier. Then on her afternoon nap she slept 30 min an wake up at 5:30. We had my SIL baby shower so I took her. She was awful. I hated when everybody kept saying, she is a crying baby... she is not sociable, and of course SIL said, "yes she is always crying". Hated that so I get her out of there were it was full of old ladies. It was her bath time by then.The question is that now I am not sure if putting her to sleep so earlt makes that every social event that we will have will be like this. My SIL said that it was because so rigid routine she has.  Is this just because she didnīt sleep, separation anxiety or just that when it is time for her to sleep she wonīt do anything but sleep cause she is used to. Will she ever be more social? I know it sounds exagerated but lately she has been so cranky and SIL keeps reminding me that.   I am not sure if this is the right forum, but it does refer to Easy routine. I really didnīt know what to answer as she tells me her daughter will be just going with her flow.  Gee, I hated her.  Is easy really a hard routine?  I canīt see from outside, but for us it has worked.

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 17:18:44 pm »
There is nothing abnormal about your dd.  Seems like she was having a very rough day.  Just think of how you feel when you are tired and all you want to do is sleep, but for one reason or another you aren't able to.  Teething is majorly hard for almost every baby, and if she can't sleep, that just compounds the problem.  My dd was a very cranky baby for most of her first year, and I could hardly take her anywhere.  She had terrible nap problems, so she stayed overtired.  My family (mostly MIL) kept trying to blame it on feeding problems, and others had there 2 cents to share about what they thought was wrong.  It made me mad, too, and I always doubted myself.  Truth is that babies are hard creatures to understand, especially our first, but don't let others get you down.  Just do your best to help her stay well rested, even if you have to miss social events every now and then.  I plan everything around my dd's nap schedule, but that's just me.  Some people are more "go with the flow," but the environment I created for my dd is the only thing she knows, and that for her means a nap in her crib at certain times of the day.
HTH.  Let us know how things go.  HUGS!!!!
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007