Author Topic: long breaks while feeding  (Read 1229 times)

Offline clare076

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 09, 2006, 23:49:15 pm »
Since my 12 week old LO (reflux sufferer) had a growth spurt last week she has upped her bottle amount from 3 / 4 oz to 6 or 7oz every 3.5-4 hours. What she is doing now is eating when waking and taking maybe 3 oz having a rest for nearly an hour then finishing off the bottle.
I still make sure she has another activity time after finishing the bottle before sleep. But why has she started doing this?

I have tried waiting to feed her until she screams for it but doesn't make any difference.
The last few days she has slept from her dream feed at 10.30 thru to 6am, drank 3 oz then at 6.45 drank another 4.

Is this OK or have I got a snacker in the making on my hands

Clare

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: long breaks while feeding
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 00:57:29 am »
My DD went through a period of this recently too. I didn't stress about it - as long as she was happy and eating enough and sleeping well and not feeding to sleep I didn't worry about it.

However, I did recently change to a faster nipple (went to DB #3 instead of #2) and that seemed to help quite a bit.

She may just not be used to eating so much at once (3-4 ounces up to 6-7 is a big jump). The break may actually help her reflux too. So you can try a faster nipple but watch carefully to make sure it's not aggravating her reflux and don't push things - sounds like she's doing well!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: long breaks while feeding
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 08:50:20 am »
Hi
I agree with what Karen is saying. I went through this as well (still am some days).  Can you post your routine to show us the  frequent eating?
thanks
Lauren x