Author Topic: Not getting any sleep :-(  (Read 991 times)

Offline Janel

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 10, 2006, 14:40:22 pm »
I have a question for you. I know this was mentioned in the book but I can't find the page. 

I should mention first the I did the dream feed 2 nights & he still didn't sleep.  So I didn't do it last night & had the same outcome.

DS has been sleeping 6 hours at a clip at night. On Sunday night he even slept a straight 8 hours. Which was heaven!

Well, since Tuesday night, he's only been sleeping 4 hours. This has been going on for the past 3 nights. The first night he woke up around 1:30am & I gave him a bottle. Was that wrong? He was rooting & appeared hungry.

Now I know this could be a growth spurt but I was pretty sure he had one over the weekend because he was getting up after 4 hours of sleep on Saturday & Sunday also.

Do you think he could have 2 growth spurts in a week? I've never heard of that.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Here's some more info:

How old is your child?  2 months
What’s his/her daily routine?  eats every 3 hours, 45min activity, then naps 1 1/2-2hours
What’s nap routine? see above
How long are naps? above
What's bedtime routine? Time?  8:30pm-bath, bottle, then in bed by 9pm
Do you bottle or breastfed??  bottle
How much? or how long?  he's taking 5-6oz every 3 hours
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)
How many wakes per night?  lately it's been 2 or more
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up?  about an hour
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry?  crying
What have you tried to settle?? yes
What do you do for A time and how long is it?  talking, etc. 45min-1 hour
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones?  i'm not sure
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months)  no cereal, gives him gas
Do they have a prop? If so what is it?  pacifier but he will only take it occasionally, not very often
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 15:04:37 pm by Janel »

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: Not getting any sleep :-(
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 07:26:34 am »
Hi there

After the suspected growth spurt last weekend, did you increase the daytime bottles?  By how much? 

With the dreamfeed - it usually takes about a week of trying the dreamfeed for the LO to adjust their other wakings.  If you want to perservere with the dreamfeed, you should try it for at least a week and see what happens with your DS's nights.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 08:22:37 am »
I'd say you are doing really well only getting 2 wakeups at 2 months old, if you get a 3rd here & there, I'd still say it was very normal.
Well done

dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 14:52:28 pm »
Hi there!  I started my lo on a df at 2 months also... it took about a week and a half before he actually started sleeping longer and also for me to do it without waking him... just to get the hang of it!  Hang in there, your lo and you seem to be on track! HTH  ;)
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline Janel

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 17:38:10 pm »
Thank you so much!  We did the df again last night & he slept from 8:30-3:30 & then until  6:30.  So he's more like himself again.  I hope that keeps up! 

Thank you so much for the advice.  I won't be so quick to give up on the df.  I didn't realize it would take a little while to start really "working"