Author Topic: 6 month old gone off food  (Read 5819 times)

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
6 month old gone off food
« on: March 10, 2006, 18:51:45 pm »
 ??? very confused my Lo has been on solids since she was 4 1/2 months, all of a sudden she is not really interested, i am lucky if i manage to get a couple of mouthfuls in before she starts complaining.

this week she has just learnt to roll over, do you think it maybe that all of her concentration is going into that hence why no interest in food?????

Her schedule is as follows:

7.00am wake and bottle
8.15am solids
11.15am bottle and solids
3.00pm solids
5.30pm - bottle
10.00pm - dreamfeed
Amelie Grace's mum

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Re: 6 month old gone off food
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 02:09:52 am »
Hi. you know I don't know that I have an answer for you as we are going through something similar. Gage will refuse eating sometimes, and I wonder if it is out boredom. I was running low on food, so I was feeding him a lot peas, apple sauce, and cereal for a couple of days. It was then that I noticed some opposition. So today, I decide to try squash (even though he already tried this) again, and what do you know he ate more today. I also tried feeding him 2 different things at once.... a few bites of cereal/pears and then a few bites of squash. That worked too. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I am going to keep looking for variety, and I hope that helps. That is what I want when I eat ;)

Alice

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 06:25:41 am »
Hi,
Ds went though a stage like that at 6 months, actually it was about 1 week after I had started veg.  Lasted about 2 weeks and then he would only eat veg with fruit on the spoon as well, and now will eat it by itself.  I believe it is just a stage and for you not to get fustrated (I did :-[)  It was actuallt around the time he started to roll around and was trying sooooo hard to crawl.  They just have better things to do, other than eat, right ::)  Mine seemed more interested in the ceiling fan than the food.
It will get better.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline lotti

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Henry William 7th July 2005
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 09:29:00 am »
Hello,

My lo (8 months) has really gone off solid food and it is related to his teeth - it has been going on for about 6 weeks now. It started about 2 weeks before his first tooth appeared, and he now has 3 ( and a 1/2!) perhaps it could be that? He has had little solid food since then and is still gaining weight and very healthy.

I have been assured by a Consultant Paediatrician that this is completely normal - and babies can be sustained until at least 12 months on milk alone if necessary (especially breastmilk as it changes in consistency to what they need, when they need it, v. clever!) so don't worry!

Charlotte

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 16:16:50 pm »
Wow, its so werid how different every baby is.  see when my lo is teething he won't take the bottle just solids :-\
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80