Author Topic: Dream feed and waking at 7 mos  (Read 980 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Dream feed and waking at 7 mos
« on: March 11, 2006, 16:13:07 pm »
Hi!  My lo started to wake several times at night shortly after df.  We've df since he was 8 weeks, and he rarely woke for hunger.  He now wakes, usually 20 min to 1 hour after df and it can go on for a few hours... He settles easily when I give him my hand or just stand by his crib.  He's on a 4-5 hour EASY, 3 solid meals a day(started at 5mos), is bf (4 times) and formula for df (7oz).  He uses a paci to fall asleep, usually stays asleep when it fall...and he can put it back in himself.  He has two bottom teeth... not sure if he is teething some more; not crawling, sitting well....  I thought it may be separation anxiety - but not sure how that manifests itself at night - he sleeps well in the day... 2 naps (am 9:30 for 1.5 to 2 hours and pm at 2:30-3 for 1:15 to 1:30) bedtime at around 7 -7:30.  Falls asleep in crib; I hold him until that long stare, occasional droopy eyed and in bed.  He has a lovey, but doesn't really go for it.(?)  I read that at this age the df could be causing night wakings?  I tried a few weeks ago to stop the df, by reducing oz and time - but at  4oz (8:30 pm) he began to wake- maybe coincidence bc he seemed ill -  :-[ so I went back to df the very next day.  Should I try cold turkey?  He always seems to drink his df - even if not hungry?!  How would I know if its the df or sep. anxiety that causes his waking?  Thanks  :-\
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: Dream feed and waking at 7 mos
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 23:04:27 pm »
Hi Alex

You are right - as your LO is older and well established on solids, giving a dreamfeed can interupt night sleep.  I would try to wean the dreamfeed again - exactly as you did before - bringing the feed forward and reducing the amount.

Good luck
Jo

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Dream feed and waking at 7 mos
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 16:00:32 pm »
Well, we went cold turkey.... and  ;D it worked for him!  He wakes once or twice but not related to the df, just thirsty or can't find paci.  I'm impressed though?!
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob