Author Topic: feeding on one side only, getting sore.  (Read 946 times)

Offline Eden's Mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
feeding on one side only, getting sore.
« on: March 12, 2006, 18:23:26 pm »
I have got to the stage with my poor supply on the left side, that Noah isnt interested in feeding from it and it has all but dried up. I have an excellent supply on the right though and can easily support him and express  from that side. i look a little lop sided  ::) but am not worried about it as i plan to feed for another 5 months before weaning him completely.

my  issue is that the nipple is getting reallly quite sore, mainly on the inside where his teeth are. now i know that he uses his tongue to get at the milk, not the teeth, and he doesn't bite, but just there when i first latch on before the milk comes in is really uncomfortable. any ideas? I ahve been feeding him exclusively, wiht no bottles ( he won't take them) since birth. when i am away from him he has a beaker which reequires no sucking.  i am secure in the belief that positioning is ok, nothing has changed apart from not feeding him on the left. however, i had been feeding him on the right side alone for a few weeks before the soreness started.

it would be good to sort this as i am sure you all know, it gets to the point where you dread the next feed if you let it get too bad!! TIA :)
Clare
Eden:

Noah:

Jude:

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
Re: feeding on one side only, getting sore.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 14:41:28 pm »
{{hugs}}

I know there are some mamas on the site that have done single side feeding, but I'm not sure about any soreness.  Hopefully one of them sees your thread so they can offer you some advice.

Sorry, I can't help you.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)