Author Topic: Those of you with twin/toddler beds...  (Read 880 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: March 13, 2006, 17:49:49 pm »
What is your bedtime and nap time routine? Do you have one still? Did it change from when they were in the crib?

With our DD we used to read books downstairs, bring her up and brush teeth and then cuddle in the chair for 10 mins and then I'd put her in the crib and walk out.

Well now the chair is out of her room because it's in the baby's room (we can't afford two or else we would have two) so I'm not sure what to do in place of the cuddle in the chair. We do everything else exactly the same, but last night I cuddled her on the bed but it was pretty awkward...then today I laid her down on her pillow and I laid on the bed next to her. I don't know if that is a good idea or not to get into...I'm not sure what else I should try.

She has taught me though that she needs those 10 mins of cuddle time especially for naps. She still skips but not as often as without it....

Suggestions? Thanks 

Offline Seona1973

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
Re: Those of you with twin/toddler beds...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 20:09:56 pm »
Our routine has been pretty much the same since dd moved into a big bed (at around 22 months). We go upstairs for stories (normally daddy does these if he is home on time - she sits under her covers and dh sprawls across the bed) - she gets up to 3 stories and then she has 'brush time' which mummy gets summoned for.  After teeth brushing she gets a cuddle with mummy sitting on the bed and then she is put into bed. She gets kisses from mummy and daddy and then we say 'love you' and switch the light off and both leave the room.  She often gets out of bed a couple of times and is just put back in and tucked in.

We never really used a chair except for a cheap folding up chair when dd was still in her cot. Could you not look to get a basic cheapish chair to use just for these cuddles - it neednt be too fancy or expensive. The alternative is to find a new routine that works for the both of you.

take care

Seona