Author Topic: waking all the time.  (Read 1216 times)

Offline elliotlove

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: March 13, 2006, 18:33:56 pm »
My son is 3mo 3 weeks old....he is having erratic night wakenings....but isnt hungry for all of them. Last night I tired feeding him just to see....and he only fed for the 1:30 wakening....he took about 4/5 oz
I am wondering if he needs to be on a 4 hour routine....but he gets tired after only being up for an hour or hour and 15 minutes.... :(

How old is your child?
What’s his/her daily routine? very much like the 3 hour easy in the book except for 2 - 45 minute naps in the afternoon. Up for the day at 7am...down at night around 6:30 - 7
What’s nap routine?
How long are naps? 1 and 1/2 hrs. Once a day there are 2- 45 minute naps.
What's bedtime routine? Time? Very nice....bath, bottle, bed
Do you bottle or breastfed?? bottle
How much? or how long? every 3 hours. sometimes he only takes 2 or 3 oz sometimes he takes 5
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)
How many wakes per night? UGH!!! MANY TIMES 11:40, 1:30, 3:00, 4:30, 6:00
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? Cries and goes right back down with a pat or binkie
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? crying
What have you tried to settle?? very quick. just a binkie and a pat
What do you do for A time and how long is it? not too long....he isnt overstimulated. he takes naps very easily
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? no
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) no
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? no - if the binkie falls out its fine with him he keeps sleeping
Do they have a lovie? what?

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: waking all the time.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 10:04:46 am »
Hi there

I think your idea of moving to a 4 hr routine would be a good place to start.

How many tmes on average is your LO waking durin gthe night?  Are you dreamfeeding?  How is your LO falling asleep at the beginning of the night? Is he fed to sleep?  Does he fall asleep with the binkie?

Thanks
Jo

Offline lemuelpitkin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 13:00:40 pm »

I have this exact same problem with my DS who is 3 months 2 weeks old. He just started doing this in the last few days. I have been inching my way toward 4 hours over the last two weeks, so I'm hoping feeding every fours hours and longer activity time will help. But like you I can't get him to stay awake long enough.

Jo

Offline elliotlove

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 13:27:16 pm »
Frasersmom,
Last night was the same. He woke about 7 times. Its just awful....I dont understand. Yesterrday he had a wonderful day of naps...never overtired or overstimulated. I thought for sure things would be great....

He goes down very easy. I hold him in my arms for about 1 minute, give him a kiss and lay him down. He never cries. Yes he goes down with the binkie, but does not wake up when he looses it....however, when he wakes in the night it does help put him back to sleep....but if he looses it again he doesnt wake up so I dont feel its a prop?
I  just started EASY when all this started happening (about 3 weeks ago) so I started the dreamfeed then, but now he wakes up before it or around DF time so I just feed him.
Last night he woke up at 9:30, 10:30, 12:30, 2:00, 3:30, 4:30 , 5:00, 6:00. Its been like this for 3 weeks and I am seriously beginning to loose my mind.

Offline eagle52

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 18:33:55 pm »
My 12 week old DS is having the same issues.  I tried to DF last night around 10:30 and he only took 2 1/2 oz then woke up at 1:30 so I decided to try feeding him still only took 2 1/2 oz.  What is the deal???  He woke up at 4:30 and slept on and off (10-20 min) until wake up time at 6:30.  I talked to my doctor and she says it is gas?!?!  ???  not sure if it is or isn't but he has been doing these night wakings for a while--it is also starting to affect my 20 month old DD!!!  :'(

Offline elliotlove

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 18:38:47 pm »
eagle....
I think we have found the answer.....is she on 3 hour EASY? Sounds like she is an "early starter" (like my DS. I am just now, after 3 weeks of this, realizing I needed to switch his routine)
Read below:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=55096.new;topicseen#new