Author Topic: Would love some advice/mentor help with implementing a schedule for 6 month old?  (Read 983 times)

Offline hbalders

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi there, my DD is just over 6 months old. I am BF and we started solids a few weeks ago. We never have consistent days or nights and I'm not sure if I'm feeding her too much or too little? Here is how a "typical" day goes: wk 530 BF
                                              S until 7am
                                              8am cereal
                                              A
                                              930/10 nap (takes me 1 hour sometimes to get her to sleep and then she will sleep 20min - 1.5hours)
                                              1130/12 BF
                                              A
                                              230/3pm nap (fight again for a nap sometimes only 30min - 1hour)
                                             330/4pm BF
                                             430pm Cereal/veggies
                                             A
                                             Bath at 6pm/630pm
                                             then BF/story/song
                                             sleeps in crib with soother lately she has been getting up at 1030pm/11pm (BF), 1am (soother), 230am (BF), 5am(Soother), 530 (BF)

What am I doing wrong? She is 17lbs 12ounces

HELP me with a schedule. My DH and I want to try to implement a schedule to see if that helps her sleep better. We aren't willing to do the 3day cry it out at this point.

When she BF it is only from 1 side and sometimes only 5min. do you think I need to feed her more?

HELP! Desperate mom to Emma
My 3 1/2 month old girl has never slept through the night but recently has been getting up every 1 - 2 hours. She won't let me put her down to sleep anymore - what is going on????

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you first of all.

I have a few questions to ask you.

Can she go to sleep independantly?
What time does she go to bed?
Have you checked your supply?
How long is she awake for during the night?
What are you doing to try and help her go back to sleep?

I wouldn't let her cry it out under no circumstances.  She needs to be helped to go to sleep.

Try offering her both sides to be fed.  It sounds like she is waking up due to hunger.

Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel